REASONS TO MIGRATE
Why migrate from SuiteCommerce to Shopify Plus?
SuiteCommerce (NetSuite’s cloud-based ecommerce solution) and Shopify are both high-performance, full-featured SaaS platforms. However, there are a number of reasons why brands are choosing to migrate from SuiteCommerce to Shopify Plus.
Frequent frustrations for brands using SuiteCommerce include the challenging internal maintenance required, spiralling costs, and a restrictive app ecosystem. Users typically speak of SuiteCommerce’s inflexibility, with changes taking a long time to implement and product development occurring at a slow pace.
Together, these challenges can quickly start to hamstring a business’ growth and lead to a buildup of technical debt.
SuiteCommerce brands are increasingly finding success on Shopify Plus, a platform built with agility and scalability at its core. Some of the most appealing features of Shopify for SuiteCommerce retailers include:
- Product innovation – With a large and dedicated team of developers working exclusively on product development, Shopify is constantly releasing new functionality, enabling brands to expand and innovate at pace.
- Ease of use – Retailers can respond rapidly to changing consumer trends and shifting business needs, deploying new features without the need for technical support.
- Advanced B2B functionality – Whilst SuiteCommerce has traditionally excelled in the provision of B2B ecommerce solutions, Shopify Plus’ B2B offering has evolved rapidly into a highly performant alternative. Now, B2B retailers on Shopify Plus can enjoy all the acclaimed features of Shopify’s market-leading DTC offering, with powerful functionality that will enable them to scale at pace.
- High-performance checkout – Shop Pay is the best-converting checkout on the internet.
- Rich ecosystem of apps and integrations – There are more than 8,000 apps available for Shopify retailers to make customisations to their online stores, all of which undergo a rigorous review process prior to release.
These features make Shopify Plus the platform of choice for huge international brands including the likes of Gymshark, Polaroid and Kylie Cosmetics.
For SuiteCommerce brands who use NetSuite’s ERP software, a common hesitation when considering a migration to Shopify is losing the seamless integration between their ecommerce and ERP solutions.
However, this needn’t be a cause for concern if you’re thinking about replatforming, as there are a number of pre-built connectors that mean your Shopify store can quickly and easily integrate with NetSuite (including, amongst others, a solution developed by Oracle NetSuite). At Swanky, our technical specialists have significant experience handling this connection with the NetSuite ERP (and many others).
Ultimately, whether you’re a DTC or B2B retailer, a migration from SuiteCommerce to Shopify Plus could signal the beginning of a transformative period of growth.
TALK TO US ABOUT MIGRATING FROM SUITECOMMERCE