REASONS TO MIGRATE
Why migrate from PrestaShop to Shopify?
Self-hosted ecommerce platform PrestaShop is a popular choice for small and large retailers worldwide. As an open source solution, it offers users complete autonomy over how to design and build their ecommerce websites.
However, with hosting fees to contend with, a lack of integrated security to consider, and a platform that often relies on advanced technical expertise, it’s not uncommon for PrestaShop users to look to alternative ecommerce platforms.
For ecommerce teams looking for a more agile, less labour-intensive commerce solution, with more integrated features and reduced total cost of ownership, comprehensive Saas platform Shopify Plus is an attractive and viable option.
Here are just a few of the areas in which Shopify excels:
- Hosting included – Shopify’s fast and reliable hosting comes as standard, which means that retailers don’t have to worry about sourcing and paying for their own hosting (which can often be unreliable during times of high traffic).
- OOTB security – Unlike PrestaShop, Shopify comes with a free SSL certificate, automatic security updates and 24/7 monitoring.
- User-friendly store builder – Shopify’s intuitive drag-and-drop store creator doesn’t rely on technical expertise, which makes it easy for retailers to stay agile and quickly respond to new customer behaviour and tech trends.
- Free access to sales channels – Shopify enables retailers to sell effortlessly across multiple sales channels thanks to seamless integrations with social platforms and marketplaces – and all at no extra cost.
- Built-in payments processor – Shopify’s native payments processor, Shopify Payments, allows retailers to avoid fees associated with third-party processors. PrestaShop users, however, do not have the luxury of choice, with no option but to pay for third-parties.
Whilst ecommerce platform suitability depends on your brand’s needs and goals, we champion Shopify Plus as the most affordable, flexible and scalable solution for innovative brands wanting to grow at pace.
TALK TO US ABOUT MIGRATING FROM PRESTASHOP