Love Henry: Brand overview
From humble beginnings on a rural cotton farm in Goondiwindi, baby and kids clothing brand Love Henry has grown to support hundreds of national and international stockists.
The brand also sells its country-inspired childrenswear directly to consumers via its flagship Queensland brick-and-mortar store, as well as its ecommerce website.
The challenge: Digital growth constrained by Neto
Feeling frustrated by the limitations of the Neto platform, Love Henry founder Chrystal Henry reached out to Swanky to support the migration of her brand to Shopify.
One of the main challenges that Neto users typically face is the need for advanced coding knowledge to customise their site. Not being able to easily make changes can delay the implementation of new features and stifle growth.
For Chrystal, her Neto store was extremely dated and difficult to update. This was limiting Love Henry’s ability to merchandise and improve revenue generation through peak trading spikes.
Other common hindrances of Neto include the platform’s limited ecosystem of apps and integrations and lack of theme choice.
Shopify, on the other hand, is a flexible and user-friendly ecommerce solution that empowers retailers to innovate with its code-free customisations and rich app network. For this reason, amongst many others, north of 100,000 brands in Australia have chosen Shopify as their ecommerce platform.
How Swanky helped
Having worked with other brands in the baby product space to migrate and grow their online stores, including global baby nest company DockATot and US boutique retailer PishPosh Baby, we were well positioned to help Love Henry kick start its journey on Shopify.
Migration from Neto to Shopify
As a leading Shopify agency in Australia, we’ve helped countless brands from across the APAC region migrate to Shopify.
We leveraged this experience to successfully replatform the Love Henry site from Neto to Shopify, including the migration of customer, product and order data, as well as re-mapping the historical URLs to point to Shopify – reducing the risk of an organic traffic drop off.
Upgraded ecommerce tech stack
We also consulted on and implemented various new features for Love Henry’s Shopify site as part of our ecommerce tech stack audit.
- Implementation of a shoppable on-site Instagram feed, powered by FourSixty. This is a great way for brands to boost user engagement and direct shoppers to product pages.
- An integration with Okendo to capture and display product reviews, a form of social proof. Showcasing authentic feedback from existing customers can help to boost shoppers’ confidence and nudge them along the purchase funnel. Visual reviews are particularly impactful as they capture attention, initiate ‘FOMO’ and show shoppers what products look like in situ.
- Upgrading the site’s search functionality, leveraging InstantSearch+. For high intent shoppers, an intuitive search feature can connect them with their desired product quickly and efficiently. Providing a streamlined customer experience like this can help increase conversion rates, transactions and revenue, as we discuss in this article on site search best practice.
- Migrating Love Henry from Mailchimp to Klaviyo, a popular and powerful retention marketing platform that we often recommend to our clients. Its out-of-the-box email and SMS flows enable retailers to quickly get started with targeted customer communications that nurture loyalty, encourage conversions and drive revenue.
This migration from Neto to Shopify and integration of a new app ecosystem resulted in improvements to several key ecommerce metrics. A comparison of website performance over the 12 months pre and post launch reveals:
- a 22% increase in transactions;
- a 47% uplift in conversion rate (with a 50% increase on mobile); and
- a 12.4% increase in top line revenue.
Reflecting on this Shopify migration project
For Love Henry, migrating from Neto to Shopify unlocked a huge opportunity for digital growth. Chrystal and her team have flexibility and innovation at their fingertips on Shopify, with the ability to customise the brand’s ecommerce site in just a few clicks.
Sharing his reflections on the project, Sean Clanchy, Managing Director of Swanky Australia, said:
“It’s always nice to see relatively immediate validation of the value that Swanky and Shopify in conjunction can bring to merchants. Chrystal and her team were lovely to work with through the course of this project and to see them now in a better position to scale, leveraging a more proven and simple-to-manage platform – we are excited for their future.”
Explore Love Henry’s Shopify site.
Looking to migrate from Neto to Shopify?
If you share Chrystal’s frustrations with the Neto platform and are looking to replace it with a more flexible, scalable and user-friendly solution, then why not reach out to our team to find out more about what a migration to Shopify looks like?
We’ve refined a smooth, risk-mitigated migration process, helping Australian brands such as Silk Oil of Morocco and Veneta Blinds successfully make the transition to Shopify, as well as global retailers such as Wilkinson Sword, Catit and Needle & Thread.