SHOPIFY HEADLESS BENEFITS
Why go Headless with Shopify?
A growing number of ecommerce brands are embracing a Headless Shopify store architecture.
Headless Commerce involves decoupling the ecommerce store’s ‘back end’ (i.e. Shopify’s digital commerce platform) from its ‘front end’ – typically using a more flexible framework, such as Hydrogen (React).
Done well, this can lead to significant site performance and wider business improvements, including:
- Performance: Lightning-fast Headless Shopify stores can significantly improve user experience, conversion rates and SEO / Core Web Vitals.
- Composable functionality: Taking an API-centric approach allows greater on-site functionality, integration with wider business operations, and removal of technical barriers and functional limitations – allowing greater imagination and experimentation.
- Scalability: Headless architecture is generally considered much more future-ready, lends itself well to international commerce in multiple markets, and reduces reliance on one technology provider.
- Dynamic content: Deploying a content-first approach enables more effective omnichannel retail and easy redeployment of content across all online channels.
- Creativity: Whilst it’s possible to create excellent storefronts using Shopify, iconic brands with edge-case UX requirements often prefer the greater creative control that a more powerful full-stack framework can unlock.
Talk Headless with us
Going Headless with Swanky and Shopify Plus
At Swanky we have successfully managed hundreds of end-to-end Shopify Plus projects, and completed our first Headless project back in 2016.
If you are exploring a Headless Shopify build, we will support you through discovery through to launch, including store architecture, third-party tool selection and full-stack development.Contact us about your headless build
Contact us about your Headless Shopify project.
Get in touch with our ecommerce specialists to talk about Headless Commerce on Shopify Plus.Contact Us