Welcome back to another instalment in Swanky’s Ecommerce Spotlight series! Together with our trusty network of partners, we’re exploring the swankiest features and apps that the Shopify ecosystem has to offer, helping merchants across the land to unlock their ecommerce potential.
Today, it’s Nosto’s turn under the spotlight. Ellie Docherty, the platform’s UK & IE Partner Manager, discusses how ecommerce personalisation can transform the customer experience.
But first, let’s find out a little bit about Nosto as a personalisation solution:
Nosto: a snapshot
Nosto’s Commerce Experience platform fuels personalised ecommerce experiences that drive the business results retailers and brands desire. By using both customer data and rich product attributes and performance metrics, Nosto enables retailers to build, test and deliver online shopping experiences that drive more conversions, higher average order values, and overall more revenue.
Highlights of the platform include:
- Onsite product recommendations
- Onsite content personalisation
- Segmentation and insights
- A/B testing & optimisation
- Onsite pop-ups
- Personalised emails
- Facebook and Instagram ads
- In-store personalisation
- Mobile app personalisation
Basics covered, now let’s hand over to Ellie to find out more!
What is Nosto and why is it a good fit for Shopify retailers?
- Nosto is a personalisation platform which uses data and insights to deliver personalisation across various channels.
- Easy integration with Shopify through the Nosto app.
- Simple integration with other technology providers in the ecosystem.
How does personalised content improve the online shopping experience?
- You can personalise copy to make sure you’re getting the right messaging to the right people.
- Replicates the premium, brick-and-mortar store experience.
- Able to test the results with Nosto to optimise the customer experience.
How can Nosto’s product recommendation engine maximise revenue?
- Nosto merchants see on average a 15% increase in conversion from using product recommendations.
- Nosto gets the right products in front of the right people.
- Use merchandising insights to prioritise for revenue, margin or inventory level.
What benefits do merchants get from segmenting their customer base?
- Target customers with the right content and product recommendations.
- Specific insights into customer behaviours.
- Data from segments can inform your personalisation strategy.
What makes Nosto different from other ecommerce personalisation platforms?
- Easy to deploy and implement on Shopify.
- Specific ecommerce focus.
- Well placed within the Shopify ecosystem, with integrations with other technology providers.
What’s your favourite example of personalisation on a Shopify Plus store?
- REN Skincare – tested two different content campaigns.
- Cynthia Rowley – 15% uplift in conversion with personalised recommendations.
Category merchandising with Nosto
Since we sat down with Ellie for our Ecommerce Spotlight chat, Nosto have launched another exciting feature that can’t go without a mention: category merchandising.
This allows you to arm some of your highest trafficked category pages with your own customised sorting and highlighting rules to meet your specific merchandising goals. In a nutshell, you can automatically change product order and selection for each individual shopper to drive more discovery, engagement and revenue.
Intrigued? Find out more about how you can deliver personalised category page experiences here!
Your Shopify Plus Experts
Want to know how Swanky could transform your ecommerce store with an advanced tech stack and expert strategic guidance? Get in touch with our friendly team of Shopify Plus Experts today to find out!